WCJ Twitter
About Mark
Forum Stats
1429 Members
4 Forums
8863 Topics
71865 Posts

Max Online: 591 @ 03/25/17 12:19 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: My solution for healthcare. by DizzyDon @ 21 minutes 16 seconds ago

Everyone has missed the solution to the problem here. The single payer healthcare insurance plan. The government (which is all of us) buys an insurance policy for all of us and pays for it by taxing all of us. Everyone would be equally cared for a
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: Another, Leaking oil, motor? by Tim Hall @ Today at 02:02 PM

MikeP, If you go onto the Permobil site, you can easily access the service manual for that wheelchair. They have several drawings of the mechanical components that may help you figure out the thump and oil issues. Oil issue: The most likely sourc
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Vocational Rehab Services in S. Carolina ? by DiMart @ Today at 01:18 PM

I'm thinking of moving to South Carolina and I'm hoping that someone who lives there could answer a few questions for me. I'm interested in hearing about the state's vocational rehab services. I'm very interested in hearing about whether they are abl
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: My solution for healthcare. by Jstlookn @ Today at 01:06 AM

Thanks for that story...it took me back to those days when folks helped one another in any way they could and always with a big thank you afterwards. I enjoy looking back at those days. THanks for posting.
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: My solution for healthcare. by MikeP @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Jstlookn, Yes, I fear all those numbers are low, especially as expensive things are now. I know Mama and I go to some doctors that offices are in hospital. We get bill from hospital for the room use and seperate one for the doctor's visit. Use just b
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: My solution for healthcare. by Jstlookn @ Yesterday at 05:07 PM

Good point, Mike but I fear your estimates are far too low. Presently, for a G.P. visit, I am charged $320. for an office visit, just to adjust meds and take vitals. Hospital stays are a joke. Looking at the charges $5.00 for a band aid, for example
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: My solution for healthcare. by MikeP @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

First, I know nothing... But, even with a $1 million it ain't ape last long for persons in poor health. Say a triple bypass heart surgery is comes in at $70 to $100,000 without complications. Say a common complication if get leg infection at graft ve
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: Another, Leaking oil, motor? by MikeP @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

Permobil 350 this May it will be 5 years old. Thump been going on longer than leaking. Other than mirror can't see under it. Our lift in van stops at my chest level to enter van so can't see under.
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: L. A. Expo this weekend by Jstlookn @ Yesterday at 02:49 PM

Tim H, will you be able to make it to the expo this year?
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: L. A. Expo this weekend by Jstlookn @ Yesterday at 02:47 PM

You're welcome, Mike. Yep, RL ( real life) gets in the way of posting until we have a problem but daily chit chat about our chairs, vans, life is important too...especially for those who don't get out much any more. I've had to hang up my suitcase
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: Pacifica van by Jstlookn @ Yesterday at 02:44 PM

I have several friends here who drive the Honda converted vans and love them. No problems after three years plus. Getting a used van is a good idea imo if you know who the previous owner was as getting warranties on a new one can be iffy once you
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: Another, Leaking oil, motor? by Tim Hall @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

What model chair is she driving?
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: My solution for healthcare. by Jstlookn @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

I'm glad some people were able to count that high. It boggled my mind so I didn't even try to figure it out. Good post, Tim. You were spot on with that. We are 'the Government' they talk about when needing more money. Another thing I've noticed
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: Pacifica van by Tim Hall @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

I have owned two Dodge Caravan ramp vans. Bothe were nightmares. I have gone through multiple transmissions, fuel pumps, steering and fuel emissions problems. If you look online for reliability stats, you will find that Dodge/Chrysler vans do not
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: My solution for healthcare. by motoman @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: rlnguyahhh, check your math...... sorry But those 370 people would have a great health plan
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: L. A. Expo this weekend by MikeP @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

Jstlookn, Sounds like a great vacation. But, Mama and I have not been anywhere since 2005. Traveling for us has pretty much passed. "Thanks" for encouragement, information and for sharing about the events. I noticed alot members missing, t
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: Pacifica van by MikeP @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

Hi! First I know nothing... Acouple things that may help with assistance if you would feelcomfortable sharing is what overall width of chair and the required height you will require for head clearance. Braun Pacifica XT Model has: Useable door width
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Pacifica van by Southall @ Yesterday at 09:47 AM

Hello All. I read more than I post, but I know you all can help. I am looking for a van that will accommodate my Edge, the oversized one. I want to be able to drive into and out of the van with little or no assistance. My helper is not able to handle
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: L. A. Expo this weekend by Jstlookn @ Yesterday at 01:12 AM

Mike, check and see where one might be close to you, then maybe make a little vacation out of it, stay in a motel nearby and spend all day there. If others are like the one in L.A., or Long Beach, CA, it's well worth the effort and perhaps you will
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: L. A. Expo this weekend by MikeP @ 03/24/17 09:54 PM

Jstlookn, Sorry you are unable to attend. We never been to one and doubt one will ever be held in Oklahoma. Sure be nice to attend one though.
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Another, Leaking oil, motor? by MikeP @ 03/24/17 09:14 PM

First, ya'll already know I know nothing.... With questions about leaks lately I thought I'd just post and ask. Mama's chair first leaked on one side and amount has increased but now other side started like other just few drops so far. After sittin
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: My solution for healthcare. by RafterRat @ 03/24/17 08:22 PM

I was thinking this would be great at only 370 million.But now that ringuys wife totaled it up to 370 trillion , nope, thats not gonna work.I've thought of this for a few years and finally can clear my solution to Health Care out of my head, because
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts L. A. Expo this weekend by Jstlookn @ 03/24/17 04:24 PM

Don't forget, all you California folks, the L.A. Expo is going on this weekend and of course, Mark E. Smith will be there to meet and greet (and solve any problems of course). I wish I could be there SO MUCH...So many fond memories of years ago, bac
Everything Mobility
Patricia, That is a great point. There are almost always plusses and minuses in every design and decision, and forums like this allow for many people to point out possible pitfalls. There are several things one should consider when deciding what t
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: My solution for healthcare. by Tim Hall @ 03/24/17 02:42 PM

I frequently hear people say things like, "What if our government gave every American citizen..." and I wonder if they realize what that really means. Our government is not an entity that produces anything. It is not some benefactor with
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
4 registered (MikeP, sheureka, scooterdood, RafterRat), 66 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Mark's Tweets

Copyright WheelchairJunkie.com 2016
Due to the dynamic nature of a community forum, we do not have the ability to review or filter every post or posted information in real time. As a result, we cannot verify any information posted by community members, nor do we endorse or advise using any information obtained from this community. Always consult and use your local, in-person mobility professional for any mobility needs.