WCJ Twitter
About Mark
Forum Stats
1429 Members
4 Forums
8882 Topics
72054 Posts

Max Online: 602 @ 04/03/17 08:12 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Plugging Wheelchair Into Timer by powerchair72 @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Thanks Mark. I got it December of 2015.
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Plugging Wheelchair Into Timer by Mark E. Smith @ 04/27/17 04:38 PM

Doug, typically as long as you charge it after you use it, it's fine sitting for a few days. If it sits longer a few days, then you want a charger with a true float. Fortunately, Quantum chargers are now standard with a true float that keeps the ch
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Plugging Wheelchair Into Timer by powerchair72 @ 04/27/17 04:31 PM

Hi Mark, I don't use my Edge every day and want to know if I can plug it into a timer. If so, what specs would the timer need (amps and or volts) and how many hours should it charge daily? Thanks, Doug
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Q-Logic 2 error messages by Mark E. Smith @ 04/27/17 01:04 PM

The firmware files are in your email. If your provider needs help installing them, have him call tech service. Thank you so much.
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Q-Logic 2 error messages by Jim Schramm @ 04/27/17 12:55 PM

I've sent you an e-mail, thanks again for your assistance. -Jim
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Q-Logic 2 error messages by Mark E. Smith @ 04/27/17 11:36 AM

Jim, the error codes almost certainly relate to the hand control connection, which your provider should be able to resolve. Regarding Bluetooth, you do have incorrect software in the power base and possibly hand control. Your power base should be at
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Re: Whill Model A by Wheelie @ 04/27/17 09:38 AM

The WHIL, has been around for more than 5 years in the mobility industry. Its use for medical mobility was always questioned as the levers that operate it were not designed for those with adaptive needs. Yes, its nice. It might be helpful to some.
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Q-Logic 2 error messages by Jim Schramm @ 04/27/17 08:01 AM

I received two more error's today, but i didn't have my phone to capture the exact messages, just the error codes. They were both in regards to my joystick; Error 110 and Error 34. I had to power my chair off and back on before I could move again.
Everything Mobility
Jump to new posts Whill Model A by RafterRat @ 04/26/17 10:08 PM

I found this in a SpinLife mag. that I get. Looked it up on youtube. Love how the front wheels work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qz0vBmNRXU There are some more interesting sites to the right.
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Q-Logic 2 error messages by Mark E. Smith @ 04/26/17 06:40 PM

Jim, your software versions help. I'll look into it and have an answer for you ASAP. Thank you.
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: iAccess with Q-Logic 3 by SPEEDemon @ 04/26/17 04:43 PM

Thank you for the offer Mark, I appreciate it. I think for now I'm going to stick with w/e batteries NuMotion is using, just to see what their performance is like. So many of my friends use NuMotion and they use me to keep them up to date on change
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Q-Logic 2 error messages by Jim Schramm @ 04/26/17 03:32 PM

I will just type out what the firmware screen says: Power Base - 1750-3509 SW V03.31 - HW V05.12 --- Advanced Actuator M.. - 1754-6009 SW V03.15 - HW V04.10 --- Hand Control - 1751-8009 SW V04.02 - HW V01.00 ---------- Chair S/N: JC317613212020 I
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Q-Logic 2 error messages by Jim Schramm @ 04/26/17 03:28 PM

I took the chair up to Med X Change in St. Charles Missouri for a diagnostic. It appears that the issue is a loose cable in the power base. I'm dropping the chair off to have all the cabling reseated/verified on Monday. The tech (Terry) called into
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: iAccess with Q-Logic 3 by Mark E. Smith @ 04/26/17 10:11 AM

Speed, we all know how vital quality batteries are to your mobility and lifestyle, so if you need help with MKs, let me know. Thank you.
Ask Mark
I have found that when I have gotten MK batteries directly from Pride or Permobil, I always got great performance. I always followed the recommended break-in procedures. When I checked the manufacture date, they had been manufactured shortly befo
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: iAccess with Q-Logic 3 by SPEEDemon @ 04/25/17 11:32 PM

That's what I had expected from the voltage by not charging it those 2 nights, that the voltage should be slightly higher in the morning, but it ended up going down overnight. I completely understand that the battery gauges aren't exactly accurate,
Ask Mark
Originally Posted By: express Burgerman says MK batteries only last 200 charges with a powerchair charger. Wheelchairdriver appears to be angry people with no real lives. That is not what he says. And we are not angry people, we like to be informe
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Mark are MK batteries destroyed by battery charger by Mark E. Smith @ 04/25/17 02:45 PM

Dallas, with MK Gels, per MK, there's a 20-cycle break-in period to reach full capacity. So, you're right that up to the first 20 charge cycles, capacity (or range) increases, but after that, the performance is consistent. Thank you.
Ask Mark
I have MK's in my Maxima. I read that the more you charge MK's, the stronger they will get.
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Mark are MK batteries destroyed by battery charger by Mark E. Smith @ 04/25/17 10:37 AM

Life is complex, disability is complex, and wherever, however people find outlets is a great thing. I feel forever privileged in all that life offers me -- even the tough stuff -- and here's a fun project that we just wrapped up.
Ask Mark
I don't know why my posts aren't showing. Thanks about MK Mark. That's what I thought. Burgerman says MK batteries only last 200 charges with a powerchair charger. That's like 6 months. People would be stranded everywhere. I get 2 or 3 years with my
Ask Mark
Ask Mark
Ask Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Mark are MK batteries destroyed by battery charger by Mark E. Smith @ 04/24/17 01:55 PM

Express, I've used a power chair for 41 years, and have heard every possible myth regarding battery care. The single best thing you can do is charge your MK batteries every night. Regarding the "data proof" you may have seen regarding cha
Ask Mark
Mark I'm reading at powerchairdriver that powerchair battery chargers destroy MK batteries. is this true and what battery charger should I use.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 386 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Mark's Tweets

Copyright WheelchairJunkie.com 2016
Due to the dynamic nature of a community forum, we do not have the ability to review or filter every post or posted information in real time. As a result, we cannot verify any information posted by community members, nor do we endorse or advise using any information obtained from this community. Always consult and use your local, in-person mobility professional for any mobility needs.