Mark's Tweets
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#21165 - 10/24/09 11:50 PM Pride onboard battery charger wiring
dotyj Offline
WheelchairJunkie

Loc: Woodland, WA
Hi all:

Tonight I found out that the AC wires that attach my onboard Guest Model 2905-24 battery charger have pulled out of the connector that leads to the AC jack on the front of the chair.

I've repaired the connections between the pins and the wires but need to know which wires are which. I need to know the pin out colors at the connector.

There are three wires, green/yellow combo, blue, and brown.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also I'm in need of armrest pads for desk style single post armrest. If anyone knows of a good source I'd appreciate it.

Edited by dotyj (10/24/09 11:55 PM)

#21173 - 10/25/09 10:49 AM Re: Pride onboard battery charger wiring [Re: dotyj]
Lady2RW Offline
WheelchairJunkie

Loc: WA
smile Hi, Dotyj. Nice to see you. smile

#21179 - 10/25/09 05:02 PM Re: Pride onboard battery charger wiring [Re: Lady2RW]
dotyj Offline
WheelchairJunkie

Howdy.

#21186 - 10/26/09 02:20 AM Re: Pride onboard battery charger wiring [Re: dotyj]
Jstlookn Offline
WheelchairJunkie Superstar

Loc: Oregon
I've missed your smiling face...good to hear from you even if you are having a wiring problem.
Nelli

#21219 - 10/27/09 12:15 AM Re: Pride onboard battery charger wiring [Re: dotyj]
ferratilis Offline
Wheelie New

Loc: NW
Originally Posted By: dotyj
Hi all:

Tonight I found out that the AC wires that attach my onboard Guest Model 2905-24 battery charger have pulled out of the connector that leads to the AC jack on the front of the chair.

I've repaired the connections between the pins and the wires but need to know which wires are which. I need to know the pin out colors at the connector.

Also I'm in need of armrest pads for desk style single post armrest. If anyone knows of a good source I'd appreciate it.

I'm not really clear where you are trying to connect this wires. Some pics might help. Here is what I can tell you:
The color designation for this wires is European, and this is what it stands for:
Green/Yellow = Ground
Blue = Neutral
Brown = Hot

#21249 - 10/28/09 12:14 AM Re: Pride onboard battery charger wiring [Re: ferratilis]
dotyj Offline
WheelchairJunkie

Hi ferratilis:

You may be on to something there. It actually hadn't occurred to me that the onboard charger may be a European product. I wonder if it has built in auto selecting for 220 and 110 volt AC input?

Anyway, the shroud of the Blast 850 has an AC plug on it for charging using a 3 prong computer style power cord.

The underside of the shroud has a Molex connector that connects this AC plug into a cable on the AC input of the onboard battery charger.

My buddy Clint and I have disassembled the chair in hopes of tracking down a charging issue which we believe to be a faulty or worn wire or wiring harness. The batteries have both been load tested and came out looking good.

While disassembling the chair the wires actually fell out of the charger side of the Molex connector. Turns out the wires were crimped to the maile connector pins but the insulated part of the wires were never crimped as well so out they fell.

Clint disassembled (there's that word again) the Molex connector and I soldered the wires directly to the male pins and followed that up by crimping the connectors to the insulation of the wires. They'll never fall out again.

There however is a black boot that fits over the connector and we didn't actually get to see the wiring before the wires fell off the pins, so that is why I needed someone to help me to identify them.

The next step is to reconnect the pins to the Molex connector and then continue testing wiring looking for corroded connectors and worn copper. Then the whole mess has to be put back together.

As a side note, I'm also looking for a source for shroud parts (I have some breakage), caster stem caps, single post desk style armrest pads, anti-tipper spring caps, and upholstery for my curved fit back, which I don't recall the brand of at the moment.

I could also use help finding replacement joystick boots and if possible replacement mylar (Plastic) joystick housing cover. My joystick boot is worn through and my local DME wouldn't replace it even though I offered to pay for it myself. Idiots.

My power button cover wore out and came off so I've put it back in place and covered it with a length of packing tape.

I know it sounds stupid to keep such an old chair running but I've got no way at this point to fund 20% of a new chair and I don't like relying on my equally as old S-626.

Originally Posted By: ferratilis
Originally Posted By: dotyj
Hi all:

I'm not really clear where you are trying to connect this wires. Some pics might help. Here is what I can tell you:
The color designation for this wires is European, and this is what it stands for:
Green/Yellow = Ground
Blue = Neutral
Brown = Hot

#21280 - 10/28/09 01:03 PM Re: Pride onboard battery charger wiring [Re: dotyj]
Mark E. Smith Offline

Mobility Superstar

Loc: WheelchairJunkie, PA
For anything electrical, I must insist that a provider address it. And, when a provider addresses the plug, he'll note that the top-center connector connects to the green/yellow wire (E), the bottom left connector connects to the blue wire (N), and the bottom right connector connects to the brown wire (L). Thanks.
Office (7:30am - 4:00pm EST): 1-800-800-8586, Ext 3322
Cell/Text (Around the clock, 7 days per week): 570-259-7727

#21292 - 10/28/09 05:50 PM Re: Pride onboard battery charger wiring [Re: Mark E. Smith]
dotyj Offline
WheelchairJunkie

You so rock Mark.

That is good information, I truly appreciate it.

Who's Online
5 registered (MVStuhff, Tim Hall, sheureka, grizzy, Patricia), 50 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1331 Members
4 Forums
7773 Topics
62375 Posts

Max Online: 222 @ 12/16/13 07:48 PM
Shout Box

Copyright WheelchairJunkie.com 2013
Due to the dynamic nature of a community forum, we do not have the ability to review or filter every post or posted information in real time. As a result, we cannot verify any information posted by community members, nor do we endorse or advise using any information obtained from this community. Always consult and use your local, in-person mobility professional for any mobility needs.